National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support
1 Year | SAQA ID: 48573| NQF Level 5 | 147 Credits
Build a career as an ICT Professional. Become a well-rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the National Certificate in IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification is expanding the specialization (s) started at NQF level 4 into the core field of networking and support, with further specialisation(s) into IT Support fields.
You will learn how to:
- Use a logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of a department in an organization.
- Understand the role of technology in the business context.
- Demonstrate basic application support skills
- Demonstrate operating system support skills
- Demonstrate network support skills
- Relate business problems and information technology solutions
- Demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills
- Demonstrate appropriate customer care in the context of IT support
- Function appropriately in a change management process within a support team
- Demonstrate hardware support skills for server computers
- Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Support contextualized within a selected work area.