National Certificate: Environmental Practice
2 Skildblom Street, Progress,Upington,Northern Cape,South AfricaMap it
1 Year | SAQA ID: 49605 | NQF Level 2 | 128 Credits
A learning pathway for practitioners in the field of environmental science, environmental management, and waste management. This series of qualifications will equip practitioners with the skills, knowledge, and values to contribute towards the wise and effective use and management of our built environment, natural resources and ecological systems.
You will learn about and have an understanding of:
- Waste management related activities, eg: Materials recovery and buy-back centers; Waste reception; Landfill operations.
- Watercourse cleaning, care, and maintenance
- Care of public places, open areas, cultural and natural heritage sites
- Maintenance of parks and sports fields
- Community projects and job creation schemes relating to environmental practice
- General industrial, extraction, ie activities with an environmental care or improvement focus